History of Singleton's Funeral Service
Farmer Funeral Home was founded by William P. "Uncle Billy" Farmer in 1900. It was located in the Farmer home on Suffolk Avenue in Richlands, VA. Uncle Billy and his wife "Aunt Tiny" Farmer operated the funeral home until Mr. Farmer's death in 1945. Their adopted son James "Jimmy" Farmer ran the business until the early 1960's. The name was changed to Mullins Funeral Home in 1965 and Jim Singleton joined the firm in 1969 as manager. The funeral home moved to its present location in Cedar Bluff, VA in 1974 and the Singelton family became the sole owners of the business in the mid 1980's.